Boost Customer Satisfaction with Embedded Video
There are a lot of exciting things happening with embedded video, and Vidyo, a partner of Videocall since 2008, have created some really useful resources to explain the power of integrating video into business processes.
When it comes to immediate and efficient communication with customers and colleagues, there is no substitute for a face to face conversation. The use of video communication in business has been rapidly on the rise in recent years but the latest trend to emerge is embedded video.
Embedding video in existing mobile apps not only improves customer and employee satisfaction but also boosts efficiency and accelerates workflows. One such example is in the case of insurance claims – where homeowners looking to settle a claim for property damage have previously had to go through a lengthy, drawn-out process of taking photos and filling out forms, embedded video now allows him or her to be connected instantly with a claims adjuster via video, expediting the entire process.
Embedded video communications offer a very wide range of benefits for all types of mobile applications, and there are a number of factors which, when taken into consideration, should serve to help IT and line of business managers identify opportunities to improve a business process with video collaboration, including:
- The business value of removing barriers – collaborating face to face in the same physical location is not always cost-effective. Impracticalities arise due to distance, time delays and the cost of travel. It may just be that bringing people together is not deemed worthwhile because it would only be a short interaction and a scenario such as this is an ideal candidate for implementation of video communications
- Coordinating schedules is not always simple – it isn’t always easy to coordinate information and synchronise calendars among multiple business professionals. By making it possible to connect on any device, the challenges of scheduling and availability are greatly diminished.
- The benefits of improving human relationships – while phone conversations do allow you to communicate words and tone, the communication process is greatly improved by the ability to decipher a person’s body language and see how they react to what you’re saying. Better communication leads to greater levels of trust, and thereby better decisions and increased speed of business.
- Removing misunderstanding and increasing accuracy – information as content alone leaves room for misunderstanding that may be removed through communication of the emotional cues transmitted by someone’s voice and facial expressions. For this reason, video can improve accuracy and decision-making across your business.
- Streamline processes by eliminating delays – in businesses where relationship-building or speedy decision-making is important, video is a valuable asset. For example, in medical contexts, a remotely-operating doctor being able to see a patient’s response in real time can be critical for gauging their condition and getting them the right treatment as efficiently as possible.
There are many ways that embedded video can expand the power of business applications. Read this Frost & Sullivan report which explains how embedding video API’s into cross-platform mobile apps can boost productivity, effectiveness and satisfaction, containing real-world examples and listing the factors to take into consideration when deciding whether or not to improve business processes with video conferencing.